Wednesday, September 30, 2009

NFL Week #3: Week 4 Predictions

Surprises are part of every NFL season. So with the season in full gear, I thought I would post some of the most surprising parts of the season.

1. Tennessee 0-3: I cannot believe that the team that went 13-3 last year has started 0-3. They had a semi-difficult schedule to start the season (3 of 4 on the road), but there were a few winnable games that they squandered away. I think it is the end of Kerry Collins and I am very concerned about Jacksonville this week. If the Titans had any sort of back up at the QB positions, he would be in by now.

2. NY Jets 3-0: I thought that the Jets had a good team but I didn't think they would have a good enough season to make the playoffs, especially playing in the AFC and having a starting quarterback. However, sensational rookie Quarterbacks seems to be the trend i.e. Joe Flacco, Matt Ryan. It might be hard to believe but they may win that division.

3. Arizona Cardinals 1-2: It must be the Super Bowl curse. I don't believe in those things but this teams seems to be lacking the swagger they had in the playoffs last year. Warner looks ordinary again and with the quality of receivers they have, needs to find a way to get that offense going.

4. Baltimore Ravens 3-0: I am not surprised that they are good this year but I am surprised with how great they are. Baltimore has always had a great defense and this year is no exceptions. But the offense is what has surprised me. 34 pts/game so far. Don't be surprised if the Ravens are playing in the Super Bowl. They have looked like the best team to me. I think we have a Super Bowl rematch in the making between the Baltimore Ravens and the NY Giants.

5. Pittsburgh Steelers: The opening game seemed so long ago. I thought that was a preview of the AFC Championship game. Pittsburgh is struggling and they have a tough road back to the Super Bowl. Once favored, this team WILL NOT win the division. I am guessing they will finish 9-7.

6. Chicago Bears: The Bears look great, besides the first week. I believe they will win their division and possible have a first round bye in the playoffs. This is really good team and once Cutler gets rolling, they will be almost unstoppable. The Vikings will be good but I bet Favre will find a way to ruin the team in the end.

* Other Notes: I no longer believe that the Titans can make the playoffs, I also feel that the 49ers are going to win the NFC West. They may have a few tough weeks while Frank Gore is recovering but it is a week division and the other three teams look horrible.


UTE PLAYER WATCH:


Paul Kruger: NA (3 games in a row)
Sean Smith: 1 Tackle, 1 Solo Tackle
Eric Weddle: 7 Tackles, 6 Solo Tackles, 1 INT, 1 TD (INT Return)

Week 4 Predictions: Record (10-6)

Indianapolis 31- Seattle 17: Payton Manning is looking like an MVP again, and Seattle was poor with Matt Hasselback and even poorer without him.

Tennessee 24- Jacksonville 20: I am nervous about this game but I find it hard to believe the Titans have fallen so far that they can't beat the Jaguars. I look for a lot of carries for Johnson and White.

New England 21- Baltimore 20: I know I talked about how great Baltimore is but I pick them to slip up here on the road in a close game. The difference will be New England's defense being able to keep Flacco in check.

New Orleans 26- NY Jets 17: Drew Brees was off his game last week. I look for him to bounce back. Watch for the Saints defense to get after Mark Sanchez, he has played great so far but he is due for a bad performance.

Miam 17- Buffalo 14: Miami lost their QB so it is tough to pick them to win without seeing how good Henne is but they are playing Buffalo and the circus that is TO. Buffalo get Marshawn Lynch back from suspension this week but I don't expect much out of him. Ronnie Brown will control this game and Miami will not test Henne too much.

Dallas Cowboys 20- Denver Broncos 17: This will be a close one. I don't believe the Broncos are that good, even with their 3-0 record. Even if Barber and Jones don't play, the Cowboys will still be able to move the ball on the ground.

Pittsburgh 17- San Diego 10: This will be a defensive game. Pittsburgh is struggling but I expect them to bounce back this week. San Diego stuggles in Pittsburgh and the Charger's won't be able to run the ball. It will be a long game for Phillip Rivers.

Green Bay 27- Minnesota 21: Emotion will play big into this game. Based on that alone, I expect the Packers to play with more of it than the Vikings. It is the whole Packer team that feels they have something to prove as opposed to just Brett Favre for the Vikings.

4 comments:

LuckyCoach said...

I agree with all of your picks except 2. I don't have a reason for it, but I think the Ravens will beat the Patriots.
And I believe the Packers are overrated and have been for a while and the ground game along with veteran presence of Favre is too much for them and the Vikings should win that game.
Also the Broncos actually have a decent team. Right now their defense is ranked #1, and their ground game is getting better as Moreno develops. Buckhalter is the man now, but both of them are dangerous. My Cowboys better win, but its a tougher game than people think.

The Vastly Intelligent Mind of the Midge said...

Levi, who did you pick to be upset this weekend?

Lydia said...

Chad, I picked USC as this weeks upset!!

The Vastly Intelligent Mind of the Midge said...

It would have been a good upset pick two weeks ago but since Cal got pummeled by Oregon, it didn't look as good as a pick. I got both mine right. OU and Michigan upset.